When your furnace or air conditioner won’t start, that’s a sure sign that your HVAC system needs repairs. A spike in energy bills, or unusual noises or smells coming from the unit or vents are also strong indicators. But several warning signs are often less obvious. How do you know when your HVAC needs repair?
Signs that you have a problem include:
- On days without extreme heat or cold, the HVAC seems to be cycling too frequently.
- The heater or air conditioner turns off before it’s reached the right temperature.
- It’s blowing warm air when cool air should be coming out.
- Your home or business is very humid even though the AC is running.
- People’s allergies are flaring, especially when they’re inside.
- You notice ice or moisture inside the AC unit.
- Water or freon is leaking from the unit.
- The airflow from the vents is weak.
At Wilmington Air in Wilmington, North Carolina, we’re here anytime you need HVAC repair near you. If your HVAC system isn’t running properly or hasn’t been serviced in over a year, we’re happy to help.
Our technicians specialize in residential and commercial HVAC installation and repair. We’ll run diagnostics to pinpoint problems and provide the best course of action, whether that’s repairs, upgrades, or replacements. Minor issues only get worse, so if you think you need HVAC repairs, please call us today.